Unfortunately, We are degrading day by day as a human society. we are forgetting basic etiquette and manners. No one is going to put you behind the bars if you don’t follow social rules but if you do its just shows how responsible you are as human. you can make your ( and people around you) social life much pleasant. Your smallest contributions can be gigantically beneficial in the making of great society.
Here is the list of things that I experience in my daily life and I strongly believe people should stop doing these activities in public places. It can make can make people around you uncomfortable.
50 Unwritten Social rules for Human Society
- Stop Staring at people. It’s Creepy. If you find them attractive, simply go them and compliment them. Everyone loves getting compliments.
- Do not keep looking at your phone while someone is talking to you. This someone can be anyone. This is disrespectful. It’s a clear sign that your phone is more important than the sitting in front of you.
- Do not bargain with poor people for 5/10 rupees, if possible. Even tiny amount of money can make significant difference in someones life.
- Animals are also living creature. Don’t be harsh with them, they can feel the pain. Be empathetic towards every living creature. I have seen people mistreating and beating cows and dogs on the streets for no reason. Please stop it. Be human. Check out this recent heart wrenching incident in Mumbai.
- If you encounter any accident in front of you, don’t start taking selfies or making videos. This is not act of heroism but helping a stranger is. Your mindful action at the right time can save someone’s life.
- Do not waste your money and time on fake Baba’s (Guru). They are leeches, Who are making out of your insecurities and fears. Wake up.
- Do not trust everything you see online on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Whats-app. People are only displaying the best part of their life. No one is showing their failures, struggle and insecurities.
- Guys, Stop peeing on the toilet seat and leaving it like that. Please flick the toilet seat up and once your done put the seat down. I repeat please put the seat down once you are done.
- Never show up at someone’s house unannounced. No matter how close you are with that person. If you do go uninformed make sure to make a call before you reach or at least have the courtesy to wait outside the house unless you are invited inside.
- If Someone tells you they have a doctor’s appointment, don’t ask “for what?”. Just say hope you’re OK. If they want to talk about it they will.
- When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right.
- Never ask someone ‘why aren’t you talking more?’. He/She might be an Introvert and by doing this you will only make them feel more awkward and uncomfortable.
- When your colleague/ classmate/ team-mate is getting shouted at please don’t stare at them. It makes the moment more awkward for them.
- Always skip using the washroom beside the occupied one, If possible. Otherwise it will be uneasy for the person in the occupied washroom as well as yourself.
- Return borrowed money and things. Be it $1 or $100. It shows your morality and character.
- Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ For god’s sake, it isn’t your problem. Mind your own business.
- Always open the door for the person coming behind you. Doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl. You don’t grow small by treating people with respect.
- Wear earphones while traveling on a public transport. Don’t make others taste your choice of music.
- If a girl’s bra strip is out. Don’t stare at it. It’s just a piece of cloth. The world will not be destroyed. chill.
- Lifts are for aged people not for youngsters. Use it only if it is free from senior citizens.
- Cover your mouth with hands while yawning, coughing or sneezing.
- Always be polite with subordinates, servants, security guards, waiters, etc. Remember, If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter (or others) is not a nice person.
- Try not to fart in closed premises like meeting rooms, elevators, vehicles, flights etc.
- While using public transport, avoid asking people to shift or adjust. Seats are designed for a specific number of people. Three people trying to sit on a seat designed for two will make the journey painful for all the three.
- Don’t be rude to telemarketing executives. Politely say ‘No’ if you are not interested, They are just doing their job. You have the option to block such calls with the help of applications like True Caller.
- If Your are a boss, Leave people from the workplace on time.You may be workaholic and you are absolutely free to be one but don’t make others to stay at office after 6 PM. Don’t call for meetings until its urgent. You may continue beyond with those things you can do on your own.
- Eating with hands is perfectly fine. Don’t stare at someone for doing it as if (s)he is an uncultured and brutish person.
- When at friends/guests house, never ask for WiFi. Ask for their WiFi password only if necessary. Disconnect the WiFi when your work is done.
- Don’t answer a question that is not asked to you in the middle of the conversation.
- At a party or other event, always taste the food before overloading it on your plate. Do not waste food.
- Never open someone’s fridge, bag, cupboard and other things without permission.
- When someone you know has an obvious change in appearance, e.g., weight gain/loss, bald spot, acne. never comment on it until they talk about it to you, they already know what is happened to them.
- If there’s a queue somewhere, don’t act over smart and try to break into it just because you think your time is more precious than others. If something is urgent to you, speak out and tell the people your reason, they will cooperate.
- If you are traveling in public transport, don’t peep into other people’s phone.
- If you’re about to board a public vehicle, wait for the passengers to get out first, and then step inside.
- Unless you are alone, don’t use the speaker facility on your phone while talking to someone.
- If someone is visiting your house for dinner or lunch, don’t force them to eat more. Gently ask them once or twice. You don’t need to choke your guests to death, just to show then how amazing host you are.
- Don’t stick chewing gums under the table. It’s just gross.
- If you can’t find a dustbin, keep the garbage in your pocket or your bag until you find one. Don’t litter here and there.
- If you see a couple, try to give them privacy. Stay away from them if possible.
- If someone is typing a password, just look away, turn the other side.
- On an escalator, make way for the people who are in a hurry by standing on the side.
- Girls, please wrap your sanitary napkins in either a newspaper or tissue paper while disposing of it. Especially in public washrooms, don’t throw it just like that.
- Girls, Never expect a man to leave his seat for you. Unless and until you’re pregnant or you’re on periods and suffering too much, then You can ask politely to anyone (man/woman) for the seat. Remember, Everyone pays the same amount of money for the tickets and it’s every one’s right to “to sit”, be it a male or female. Don’t create a scene. I have seen many women doing that.
- Never reply with “K/hmm” when someone sends you a long, thoughtful text. It’s annoying.
- When someone shares his/her problem(s) with you, always listen first. Let them complete. Never jump on the conclusion without him/her finishing it, never give advice unless asked, and never start with your own story cutting their story.
- Don’t turn pages of books by licking your finger.
- Don’t kiss or touch a baby until it’s yours. Babies are vulnerable to infections and you might transmit disease.
- Breastfeeding is fine, don’t stare. They are just feeding their babies.
- If you get a missed call, remember to call back. If you don’t, it means you don’t value that person.
- When you are gifting someone, make sure you know what that person wants. Otherwise give them a gift card or cash. Its a best gift which allows that person to buy what they want rather than what you think they might want.
- Don’t smoke anywhere. If you want to smoke then first find a smoking zone.
- Never ask a housewife “what do you do all day, don’t you get bored at home?”. They are working 24/7 without a salary and recognition. If you cant respect, at least do not insult them.
- If you’re staying at someone’s place for the night, don’t be too much of a guest. Fold your sheets, get yourself water, put the plates of sink, get up on time and make sure to offer some help in return.
- If you see a girl wearing shorts, crop tops, heavy makeup or a boy has spiked hair and torn jeans, please don’t judge them. It’s their body, their choice.
- When in crowded places or pubic transports, please don’t stick your body into a woman’s body ( anyone’s body) standing near you. Be mature and maintain a safe distance.
- Before you spit out water, chewing tobacco or waste from your luxury car, just remember that a human may be coming behind your car.
- Before you hit someone in anger, realize that even a small punch at a wrong place can put you behind bars for a lifetime.
- People who ask other people’s income are considered immature and illiterate. Avoid getting such titles.
- Mind your own business. Just follow the quote, live and let live. Peace!
So that’s all I can think of right now. If you think I have missed something important that needs to be there, please leave a comment. I will add your suggestions to the list.
For now, signing off until next post.
Like and subscribe to The Life. & Do not forget to share this with your near and dear ones.
You may connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Thanks for reading | Stay happy, stay healthy.
- 7 Worrying Reasons Why India’s Women Are More Prone To Depression Than Men
- Why Do a Married Women Have To “Look Married?”
- Why Indian brides are depressed post-marriage?
- 13 Easy and Effective Time Management Tips
- Top 10 Tips to make yourself Mentally Strong
- Top 20 Ultimate Tips For Better College or Academic Life
- Top 10 Bits of Advice from a Judge who handled family dispute courts
- Top 10 Parenting Rules by Janusz Korczak you need to know
- Where There is a will, There is a way
- How to Stop Giving your Powers away to the world
4 विचार “50 Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Follow | Human Society&rdquo पर;
Thanks for sharing. Can I please add on: not to be rude, but arseholes whom you show a picture, and they don’t only stop at looking through your entire gallery, but proceed with checking your messages. Also those who think the entire planet revolves around them.. Stay awesome
पसंद करेंLiked by 1 व्यक्ति
पसंद करेंLiked by 1 व्यक्ति
I have read these rules.rules should be followed by every body. Govt.shuld form kanoon.thanks.
पसंद करेंLiked by 1 व्यक्ति
Thank you for the comment. 🙏😊
पसंद करेंपसंद करें